Thursday 30 January 2014

Contents Page Initial Ideas

Above are my initial ideas for my contents page.
From my researched I discovered that there were little conventions that were used, but the ones I found were vital ones to include. Therefore I have created these flat plans taking the conventions I chose into consideration and I then tried to make it as original and artistic as possible.
The vital conventions were:
- Always have a photograph of an artist
- The cover story stands out from the rest
- The title is always at the top of the page
- The list of pages is never directly centred
- pop ups of extra information of offers or the magazine company

In my flat plans I tried using various different title fonts, the ones that are more original are good as it gives the magazine something to be recognised by.
I used banners along the edges of the page to create a house style and this will also add to the recognisability of the magazine.
I wanted to try and make all of the headlines stand out, from my research I found that some magazines used different ways to show the pages on the same contents page, I found this wasnt very effective as it lost my attention on the ones that didnt stand out very much. Therefore I used the same style across all pages. I wanted to advertise the artist and other things on the contents page as this was a convention and trend, so I want to make sure there is space for all of the images i want to include.