Thursday 30 January 2014

Initial Ideas for Double Page Spread

Above are my initial ideas for my double page spread.
The creases down the middle of the page are to represent the actual divide between the two pages in a real magazine.
When designing my double page spread i used the research i had discovered from looking at real media examples. From my research i discovered that it was very similar to the contents page in the way that it did not have many trends and conventions however it did have a few vital ones which i have ensured are included on my designs. This is because the magazines dont ever want to have the same designs appear twice so they need to make sure that each article is different and has its own unique style. I have made sure that my designs have their own individuality's so they are not the same as anything else.
The vital conventions i did include however are:
- A large photograph of an artist, often taking up a whole page
- A large title font
- Small blocks of text in a smaller font below the title
- A quote from the article in a larger font
- Various smaller photographs of what the article is about
- The first letter of the article is often larger than usual and in bold